Saturday 7 May 2011

Untimely Opportunity

Is there such an untimely opportunity? Or I didn't seize the chance at all?

Somehow after I had stopped writing blog for sometime, I want to write this down so that I remember there was a rare chance before and am grateful for given a choice.

Many of my friends (and younger ones too) have reached managerial position. For me, it was not the TITLE but being in a different capacity and accountability, though the title does make a portfolio more appealing sometime. Due to my current job nature and the industry standard, I thought my chance would be next-to-zero to reach managerial position at a branch office. So I was really really wanting this job when it came knocking on my door, without me looking for it at all.

















After much FAQs with the company that head-hunted me for the job, I had a very good basic but much-lower-sales incentives' package compared to my current job :(

If I go for it, it would only be because of the much-coveted portfolio for my career development. Heck, would anyone want more responsibilities at lesser-than-present monies reward? To be fair to this company, I must mention this: to compensate for its lower-than-average sales incentives, this company offers VERY WELL retirement plan. So, if it is a satisfaction-guaranteed job, I would accept the offer without second thought. Otherwise, I just have to consider the short-term benefits instead :s

Maybe it is also TIMING.. with a big plan in my personal life this year, I need a long holiday at year-end. I don't want to have to take unpaid leave with the new company. After much discussion and consideration, with input from William and my current boss (and his boss) and some ex-staff of this new company that I talked to.. I made my choice and declined the offer.

1 feedbacks:

TRACE said...

Erin, i dont blog very often though...but i find my blog is useful for remembering something memorable...be it an occasion, a song, my thoughts, etc...